Online Permits – Registration Process
To apply for a permit using Online Permits, you must complete a simple one-time registration process. This registration is available to all clients that have requested and received permits in B.C.
To complete the Online Permits registration, you will require the following:
- An ICBC Client number. If you do not have an ICBC Client Number, call the BC Provincial Permit Centre at 1-800-559-9688 to get one.
- A valid Business BCeID account. If you do not have a Business BCeID account, you can apply for one at the BCeID Website at http://www.bceid.ca/ or call the BCeID Helpdesk at 1-888-356-2741 for more information. The attached guide is intended to help you complete the "Getting Started" section of the Business BCeID registration process.
- An e-mail account
- A phone number
Once you have all of this information, the Online Registration process is as follows:
- Click the Online Permits Registration form
- From the Logon screen click the Business/Organization link and enter your BCeID and password.
- Complete the Online Registration form by filling in the relevant information and submitting it to the Provincial Permit Centre for review
The Provincial Permit Centre will then review your application and render a decision whether or not your request to access the Online Permits service is approved.
You will be notified of the decision by e-mail at the address entered on the application form. In most cases, you will receive notification within 2 to 3 business days.
If approved, you can then access the Online Permits service using the link on the Online Home Page.
Online Registration (Enquiries Only):
Phone: 1-800-559-9688 (8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday)
CVSE Revenue (for Inspection Station Accounts):
Phone: 250-952-0422 or 250-387-4859
(8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday)
BCeID Account and User ID Questions: