Commercial Vehicle Permits Online
The address for the Transportation Permitting System (TPS) has changed from:
You will need to update any bookmarks that use the old address.
As per BCEID requirements Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba Companies must first register with New West Partnership Trade Agreement (NWPTA) prior to applying for a Business BCEID.
The commercial vehicle Online Permits system enables registered and approved users to:
- apply for a Single Trip, Overweight permit
- apply for a Single Trip, Overweight/Oversize permit
- apply and, depending on the commodity and dimensions, immediately receive a Single Trip, Oversize permit
- apply and immediately receive a Term Oversize permit for the following specific commodities only:
general vehicle and loads; general mobile homes; boomsticks and poles;
haybales (round); long logs; auto carrier, campers and boats; inter-city bus with pony trailer
*Note: Overweight permits may also be required for busses pulling trailers, where the trailer does not
hold their own licensed GVW and where the bus does not have a licensed GVW high enough to accommodate the
combined weight of the bus and trailer.
- apply and immediately receive a Single Trip, Non-Resident permit for a vehicle that has an actual gross
vehicle weight between 5,000 kgs and 63,500 kgs and is categorized as one of the following vehicle
commercial vehicles; commercial passenger vehicle (bus); industrial
vehicle (x-plated); farm tractor; farm vehicle
*Note: for more information regarding non-resident commercial vehicles and for CAVR exemptions, please
refer to the Compliance Circular 06/08
- apply and immediately receive a Motive Fuel User permit (based on total distance travelled in BC) for a
vehicle whose actual gross vehicle weight is between 11,800 kgs and 63,500 kgs;
- pay online for the requested permit using your Inspection Station account (certain permit types only) or
credit card; and
- retrieve and view copies of your organization's permits using the Permit Search function.
All other permits must be requested through the Provincial
The Online Permits service is available on a 7x24 basis, except when maintenance is required. If you’ve
used this service and would like to send your comments, click here Commercial Vehicle Permits